Low FODMAP Marinara Sauce
Making a pasta sauce without garlic can be tricky, but thankfully garlic-infused olive oil will do the trick. You can buy it ready-made or try this recipe to make your own at home and just omit the lemon juice and thyme. This sauce will take about 15 mins to make and is perfect to serve over a bowl of veggies with gluten-free pasta or try zucchini noodles!
The serving size is suitable if you’re on the low FODMAP diet and is in line with the Monash University FODMAP Diet App and the FODMAP Friendly app (at the time of writing).
- 1 tin peeled whole tomatoes (about 400g/14oz)
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onion/scallion green tops, chopped
- 2 tbs garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 mins
- Remove from the heat, serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you ever had a public IBS accident?