Low FODMAP French Toast
Perfect breakfast treat to enjoy on a lazy weekend. Preparation time is 5 minutes and cooking time is 10 minutes, for a total of 15 minutes.
This recipe serves 4 (2 slices each portion).
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low FODMAP milk of your choice (I use lactose-free cow milk)
- 8 slices low FODMAP bread
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- oil, spray oil or butter to coat the pan
- 12 medium size fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a large shallow bowl beat eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, vanilla essence, and cinnamon.
- Dip each bread slice in the mixture until the bread has soaked up the liquid mixture.
- On medium heat, in a large, lightly greased non-stick pan, cook the bread slices on each side until they are golden brown.
- Serve immediately on individual plates and place the sliced strawberries on top of the toast.
- Drizzle a bit of maple syrup on each French toast.
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you read nutrition labels on the food you buy?