Low FODMAP French Toast
Last updated: April 2022
This is the perfect breakfast treat to enjoy on a lazy weekend!
Servings: 4 (2 slices each)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutesT
Ingredients for low FODMAP french toast
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low FODMAP milk of your choice (I use lactose-free cow milk)
- 8 slices low FODMAP bread
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- oil, spray oil or butter to coat the pan
- 12 medium size fresh strawberries, sliced
Directions for low FODMAP french toast
- In a large shallow bowl beat eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, vanilla essence, and cinnamon.
- Dip each bread slice in the mixture until the bread has soaked up the liquid mixture.
- On medium heat, in a large, lightly greased non-stick pan, cook the bread slices on each side until they are golden brown.
- Serve immediately on individual plates and place the sliced strawberries on top of the toast.
- Drizzle a bit of maple syrup on each French toast.
- calories: 222
- carbohydrates: 30.9g
- cholesterol: 140mg
- fiber: 1.3g
- potassium: 177mg
- protein: 7.4g
- saturated fat: 1.8g
- sodium: 193mg
- total fat: 8g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you suffer from IBS-C, IBS-D, or IBS-Mixed/Alternating?