Low FODMAP Crunchy Muesli
Last updated: April 2022
Crunchy and tasty muesli. Store it in an airtight container and consume within 2 weeks. Can be served with low FODMAP yoghurt and fruit.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
Ingredients for crunchy muesli
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups corn flakes (gluten-free)
- 1 cup puffed rice (or puffed quinoa)
- ¼ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pecan nuts
- ¼ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 tablespoon pure vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
Directions for crunchy muesli
- Preheat the oven at 320 F°.
- In a bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla bean paste (or essence), and coconut oil.
- Spread the mixture thinly and evenly on baking tray covered by baking (parchment) paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven when it has a golden colour and it’s crispy in texture.
- Break up any big chunks.
- Cool down, use what you need and store the remaining in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- calories: 342
- carbohydrates: 32.9g
- fiber: 5.2g
- potassium: 158mg
- protein: 6.5g
- saturated fat: 6.8g
- sodium: 37mg
- sugar: 9.2g
- total fat: 22.4g
Photograph by Larah Brook. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation