Low FODMAP Crunchy Muesli
Last updated: April 2022
Crunchy and tasty muesli. Store it in an airtight container and consume within 2 weeks. Can be served with low FODMAP yoghurt and fruit.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
Ingredients for crunchy muesli
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups corn flakes (gluten-free)
- 1 cup puffed rice (or puffed quinoa)
- ¼ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pecan nuts
- ¼ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 tablespoon pure vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
Directions for crunchy muesli
- Preheat the oven at 320 F°.
- In a bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla bean paste (or essence), and coconut oil.
- Spread the mixture thinly and evenly on baking tray covered by baking (parchment) paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven when it has a golden colour and it’s crispy in texture.
- Break up any big chunks.
- Cool down, use what you need and store the remaining in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- calories: 342
- carbohydrates: 32.9g
- fiber: 5.2g
- potassium: 158mg
- protein: 6.5g
- saturated fat: 6.8g
- sodium: 37mg
- sugar: 9.2g
- total fat: 22.4g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you suffer from IBS-C, IBS-D, or IBS-Mixed/Alternating?