Low FODMAP Crunchy Muesli
Crunchy and tasty muesli. This recipe is for 10-12 servings. Store it in an airtight container and consume within two weeks. Can be served with low FODMAP yoghurt and fruit.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups corn flakes (gluten-free)
- 1 cup puffed rice (or puffed quinoa)
- ¼ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pecan nuts
- ¼ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 tablespoon pure vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven at 320 F°.
- In a bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla bean paste (or essence), and coconut oil.
- Spread the mixture thinly and evenly on baking tray covered by baking (parchment) paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven when it has a golden colour and it’s crispy in texture.
- Break up any big chunks.
- Cool down, use what you need and store the remaining in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Disclaimer: Irritable Bowel Syndrome cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?