Lemon & Thyme Sardines on Toast
A simple little snack that is surprisingly filling, cheap and tasty! Perfect on your favorite low FODMAP bread. If you’re not sure what bread might be suitable check out the Monash University FODMAP Diet App or the FODMAP Friendly app for low FODMAP certified bread in your country.
- 1 tin sardines, plain in water or olive oil (about 100g/3.5oz)
- 2 pieces of bread
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Drain the sardines and place in a small frypan.
- Heat the sardines for a couple of minutes.
- Make the toast then spread the sardines on the toast.
- Top with freshly squeezed lemon and thyme. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?