Lemon and Thyme Sardines on Toast
Last updated: April 2022
A simple little snack that is surprisingly filling, cheap and tasty! Perfect on your favorite low FODMAP bread. If you’re not sure what bread might be suitable check out the Monash University FODMAP Diet App or the FODMAP Friendly app for low FODMAP certified bread in your country.
Ingredients for lemon and thyme sardines on toast
- 1 tin sardines, plain in water or olive oil (about 100g/3.5oz)
- 2 pieces of bread
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves
Directions for lemon and thyme sardines on toast
- Drain the sardines and place in a small frypan.
- Heat the sardines for a couple of minutes.
- Make the toast then spread the sardines on the toast.
- Top with freshly squeezed lemon and thyme. Enjoy!
- calories: 333
- carbohydrates: 28.2g
- cholesterol: 131mg
- dietary fiber: 2.1g
- protein: 26.8g
- saturated fat: 1.8g
- sodium: 806mg
- total fat: 12.3g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you ever tried acupuncture to relieve IBS symptoms?