Gut-Friendly Key Lime Pie and Ice Cream
Take your tastebuds to an island paradise with a key lime pie-inspired frozen treat. This ice cream satisfies those dessert cravings while keeping your gut happy and your health goals on track. The tartness of the yogurt and lime balanced with the sweet maple syrup elevates the flavor profile to add dimension to every bite. But you don’t need an ice cream maker to enjoy this tasty treat. Instead, this soon-to-be fan-favorite dessert can get made in a blender for immediate satisfaction—all at the push of a button. Or it can get mixed by hand and tossed in the freezer to enjoy on a later occasion. Don't worry! These flavors are worth the wait!
Makes: 3 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for key lime pie and ice cream:
- 5.2oz plain lactose-free or plant-based Greek-style yogurt
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 gluten-free graham crackers
- Ice to desired consistency
Directions for key lime pie and ice cream:
- In a blender, combine lactose-free yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, vanilla extract, maple syrup, gluten-free graham crackers, and ice. Blend until smooth.
- If making by hand, omit the ice and simply mix until smooth. Then, in a casserole dish, evenly distribute ice cream and cover. Store in the freezer overnight.
- calories: 105kcal
- carbohydrates: 16.5g
- fat: 2.5g
- fiber: 0.5g
- potassium: 139mg
- protein: 5.5g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 46mg
- sugar: 11g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you cancel plans often due to IBS?