IBS-Friendly Tofu Patties
Last updated: March 2022
Hey IBS community! Lately I have been experimenting a lot more with tofu and I would love to share this recipe that I have created for any of you tofu-lovers. The one thing I love about tofu is that it truly is a great replacement for meat, especially since I am trying to cut down due to my IBS. Tofu is a great source of protein and is naturally a gluten-free product, which is great for IBS-friendly recipes. In this recipe, I have created my version of tofu patties that you can either enjoy on a burger bun, or on a salad - whichever works best for you. I guarantee you won’t be upset with the taste! Try it out and let me know what you think!
Ingredients for tofu patties
- 12 oz. of Extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup of gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 tsp of dried ginger
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 3 tsps of salt
- 2 eggs
- (Optional) slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsps of coconut oil/vegetable oil
Directions for tofu patties
- Make sure to drain the tofu and wrap with paper towels for at least an hour or two before cooking.
- Put tofu in a large bowl and either crumble with your hands or use a potato masher. (You can also use a food processor)
- Mix the tofu with shredded parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs, and ginger.
- Form the mixture into tofu patties. Feel free to let the patties sit in a refrigerator for at least 10-15 min to make sure they stay firm.
- Add coconut oil to a pan on medium high heat, and cook the patties about 2-3 minutes on each side. They should be golden-brown on both sides.
- Once they are done, serve however you so choose; either on a salad or even as tofu burgers.
- calories: 298
- carbohydrates: 12g
- cholesterol: 117mg
- fat: 21.4g
- fiber: 1.6g
- potassium: 3mg
- protein: 17.4g
- saturated fat: 4.9g
- sodium: 2477mg
- sugars: 1.3g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Which of the following symptoms of IBS do you experience most frequently?