IBS-Friendly Shrimp Lollipops
I love the warm and hot seasons in New England because there’s more to do outside, such as grilling and enjoying the fresh air. I particularly love to grill because I personally think the food tastes so much better that way. I have created yet another IBS-friendly recipe that I think many of you will enjoy for the outdoors. It is called IBS friendly shrimp lollipops and it is a great treat to enjoy outside on a warm day. The shrimp are packed with flavor and pair well with your favorite dipping sauce. If you try it out, please let me know what you think! Thanks!
Ingredients for IBS-friendly shrimp lollipops
- 2lb of extra-large shrimp
- 2 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps. of chopped cilantro (or 2 cilantro cubes)
- ½ tsp. of cumin
- ¼ tsp. of allspice
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of lemon pepper
Directions for IBS-friendly shrimp lollipops
- Rinse, clean, and devein the shrimp with water, then set aside.
- Get a bowl and mix your marinade ingredients until well combined. Then add the shrimp to the marinade and coat well.
- Place the marinated shrimp in the refrigerator for at least a half an hour.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- After 30 minutes of marinating, thread 2 shrimps (ying-yang style) onto grilling sticks (if using wooden sticks, be sure to soak them in water first).
- Grill the shrimps for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on how much char you like on your shrimp.
Enjoy as an appetizer or serve on a bed of salad greens.
- calories: 228
- carbohydrates: 1.3g
- cholesterol: 466mg
- dietary fiber: 0.2g
- potassium: 13mg
- protein: 40.6g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 2965mg
- total fat: 7.1g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?