IBS-Friendly Shrimp Lollipops
I love the warm and hot seasons in New England because there’s more to do outside, such as grilling and enjoying the fresh air. I particularly love to grill because I personally think the food tastes so much better that way. I have created yet another IBS-friendly recipe that I think many of you will enjoy for the outdoors. It is called IBS friendly shrimp lollipops and it is a great treat to enjoy outside on a warm day. The shrimp are packed with flavor and pair well with your favorite dipping sauce. If you try it out, please let me know what you think! Thanks!
- 2lb of extra-large shrimp
- 2 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps. of chopped cilantro (or 2 cilantro cubes)
- ½ tsp. of cumin
- ¼ tsp. of allspice
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of lemon pepper
- Rinse, clean, and devein the shrimp with water, then set aside.
- Get a bowl and mix your marinade ingredients until well combined. Then add the shrimp to the marinade and coat well.
- Place the marinated shrimp in the refrigerator for at least a half an hour.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- After 30 minutes of marinating, thread 2 shrimps (ying-yang style) onto grilling sticks (if using wooden sticks, be sure to soak them in water first).
- Grill the shrimps for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on how much char you like on your shrimp.
Enjoy as an appetizer or serve on a bed of salad greens.
Disclaimer: Some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Disclaimer: Irritable Bowel Syndrome cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?