A simple little breakfast or snack that you can eat straight from the oven, or store in the fridge and heat them to go.
The ingredients are in line with the Monash University FODMAP Diet App (at the time of writing) and the serving size is suitable if you're on the low FODMAP diet.
Serving size 2
Ingredients for green eggs
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup broccoli florets (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup lightly packed grated zucchini (about 125g/4.4oz)
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp salt
Directions for green eggs
- Pre-heat a moderate oven.
- Line with baking paper or grease about 6 sections of a muffin tray or use a silicon muffin tray (no lining or greasing needed).
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk with a fork to mix.
- Then pour into the muffin pan filling about 6 sections to the brim.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in the oven until lightly browned on top. The top should bounce back when pressed gently. Enjoy
- calories: 152
- carbohydrates: 5.9g
- cholesterol: 327mg
- fiber: 1.9g
- potassium: 429mg
- protein: 13.1g
- saturated fat: 2.8g
- sodium: 292mg
- total fat: 9g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?