Fried Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
Craving your favorite restaurant but stressed over the possibility of gastrointestinal distress. Skip the take-out menus and recreate your favorite vegetable fried rice in minutes. Pro tip: cook components of the dish ahead of time to save on time and give your leftovers new life. Then, simply prep your veggies, add some flavor, and voila! Quit waiting on delivery people, only to second guess whether your gut will appreciate the food as much as your tastebuds. Instead, feel confident about your food choices and enjoy it from start to finish. Plus, this veggie-filled bowl is filled with vibrant colors to plant power your way to better health, one gut-friendly meal at a time. Use it as a side dish to your favorite lean protein, vegetable, or enjoy it on its own!
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for fried rice stuffed bell peppers
- 4 green bell peppers
- ¾ cup brown rice, raw
- 16 oz extra firm tofu
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup pineapple
- 1 large carrot
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
Directions for fried rice stuffed bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium pot, cook rice according to instructions. Or, use microwavable alternative. Set aside.
- Using a paper towel, firmly press tofu to remove excess water.
- Slice tofu into 1-inch cubes. On parchment-lined or silicone baking sheet, evenly distribute tofu. Roast until golden, approximately 20 minutes. Set aside.
- With a knife, slice top of pepper and remove seeds. Place sliced end directly in oven. Cook until tender. Approximately 20 minutes. Set aside.
- On a separate parchment-lined or silicone baking sheet, evenly distribute kale. Cook until crispy. Approximately 10 minutes. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, dice carrots and pineapple.
- In a wok or pot, add carrots. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, tofu, crispy kale, pineapple, sunflower seeds, sesame oil, and coconut aminos to carrot mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Scoop fried rice mixture into roasted bell pepper. Enjoy alone or alongside vegetables or lean protein.
- calories: 354kcal
- carbohydrates: 48.5g
- fat: 10.5g
- fiber: 7g
- potassium: 636mg
- protein: 17.5g
- saturated fat: 1.5g
- sodium: 274mg
- sugar: 9g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried eating smaller portions to manage symptoms?