Fridge Emptier Omelet
My life has been crazy in the past few months, traveling back and forth between Italy, the UAE, and the Netherlands. It has not been easy to manage my IBS. For this reason, whenever I have the chance to eat at home in Amsterdam or Italy, I honestly can’t wait to detox myself and finally feel less bloated.
My major issue I have is I don’t want to waste food every time I leave. This said, I try all the ingredients I need to finish it and create a new exciting recipe!
In this case, my sweet mother-in-law gave me some fresh eggs directly from her neighbor's hens, I had some prosciutto Cotto, the Italian version of ham, and some Parmigiano Reggiano (my biggest addiction, I love the fact that it's lactose-free and so tasty!) and some random leftover veggies.
A quick and easy omelet sounded like the easiest choice so I made it and added a side of my forever favorite sweet tomatoes. Of of course, you can change them with your favorite stress-free veggies.
It's filling, full of proteins, and delicious at the same time, this for sure will be satisfying both for your mouth and gut!
Makes: 1 serving
Serving size: 1 roll
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for fridge emptier omelet:
- 2 eggs per person
- about 2 oz of ham in slices
- 1 teaspoonful of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of thickly grated Parmigiano
- a pinch of salt and pepper
Directions for fridge emptier omelet:
- Scramble the eggs in a cup, add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Add about a teaspoon of chopped parsley (I always chop a big amount from our summer garden and keep it in the freezer for the rest of the year, ready to go) and mix it all
- Add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a pan, heat it and add the eggs
- Let it cook for about 3 minutes, then flip it and finish cooking it for a minute
- Once it is cooked, put the heat at a minimum, add the slices of ham and Parmigiano on the surface, and then roll it up (please beware the hot pan!)
- Let the Parmigiano melt for about a minute or so
- Add it to your plate and cut it in half
- Serve it with your favorite side
- Buon appetite!
- calories: 504
- cholesterol: 370mg
- dietary fiber: 0.8g
- potassium: 289mg
- protein: 25g
- saturated fat: 10.4g
- sodium: 993mg
- total carbohydrates: 3.5g
- total fat: 44.6g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you checked out our free IBS food journal?