Last updated: April 2022
Looking for something a little glamorous for breakfast? Why not try French toast! This recipe is gluten-free and has a dairy free option.
The serving size is suitable if you're on the low FODMAP diet and is in line with the Monash University FODMAP Diet App (at the time of writing).
Ingredients for french toast
- 2 slices gluten-free bread (check the App for more specific recommendations)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter/coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries
Directions for french toast
- In a bowl, use a fork to mix the egg with the coconut milk and cinnamon
- Pre-heat a frypan on medium heat and melt the butter in the pan
- Dip the bread into the egg mix and then place the bread into the pan
- Cook on both sides until golden brown
- Place the toast on a plate and top with the maple syrup, coconut yogurt and sliced strawberries, enjoy!
- calories: 570
- carbohydrates: 44.7g
- cholesterol: 214mg
- fiber: 6.4g
- potassium: 482mg
- protein: 16.5g
- saturated fat: 25g
- sodium: 332mg
- sugar: 27.7g
- total fat: 38.3g
Photograph by Hannah Noonan. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation