FODMAP Friendly Blackened Swordfish
Last updated: March 2022
Hey there, IBS community! I have a recipe to share with you all that I believe many of you will find delicious. It’s a swordfish recipe that falls in line with the low FODMAP restrictions and will leave your taste buds wanting more. I recommend this recipe to those who love seafood and are looking to try something new. If you give it a try, please let us know what you think! Thanks!
Ingredients for FODMAP-friendly blackened swordfish
- 4 large Swordfish steaks
- 3 tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps. gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsps. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. of black pepper
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- (Optional) toasted sesame seeds
Directions for FODMAP-friendly blackened swordfish
- In a large bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, cumin, black pepper, and chili powder. Then add the swordfish steaks and coat well in the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Remember to turn the swordfish steaks from time to time to make ensure it is well-marinated.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, then place swordfish steaks on the baking sheet, without discarding the marinade. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over and baste with the marinade, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- (Optional) Garnish swordfish steaks with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve with any sides of your choice. I think it pairs well with steamed veggies and brown rice.
- calories: 110
- carbohydrates: 11.4g
- cholesterol: 10mg
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 1.2g
- potassium: 52mg
- protein: 6.4g
- saturated fat: 0.9g
- sodium: 526mg
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you suffer from IBS-C, IBS-D, or IBS-Mixed/Alternating?