Eggs and Miso on Toast
If you're looking for a little something different for breakfast, try this Japanese twist on eggs on toast! If you haven't tried miso paste before, it can be a good idea to start with 1 tsp and spread it thinly as it has a strong taste.
The serving size is suitable if you're on the low FODMAP diet and is in line with the Monash University FODMAP Diet app (at the time of writing).
- 2 slices gluten free bread (check the app for low FODMAP recommendations)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp to 1 tbsp hatcho miso paste
- 2 tsp butter
- Cook the eggs however you prefer them (hard boiled, fried, poached etc.)
- Toast the bread. Spread the butter on the toast then the hatcho miso paste
- Top with the eggs and enjoy!
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you taken our Person Before Patient Survey?