Eggs and Miso on Toast
Last updated: April 2022
If you're looking for a little something different for breakfast, try this Japanese twist on eggs on toast! If you haven't tried miso paste before, it can be a good idea to start with 1 tsp and spread it thinly as it has a strong taste.
The serving size is suitable if you're on the low FODMAP diet and is in line with the Monash University FODMAP Diet app (at the time of writing).
Ingredients for eggs and miso on toast
- 2 slices gluten free bread (check the app for low FODMAP recommendations)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp to 1 tbsp hatcho miso paste
- 2 tsp butter
Directions for eggs and miso on toast
- Cook the eggs however you prefer them (hard boiled, fried, poached etc.)
- Toast the bread. Spread the butter on the toast then the hatcho miso paste
- Top with the eggs and enjoy!
- calories: 372
- carbohydrates: 27.8g
- cholesterol: 348mg
- fiber: 3.8g
- potassium: 439mg
- protein: 21.4g
- saturated fat: 8.2g
- sodium: 1122mg
- sugar: 3.8g
- total fat: 19.8g
Photograph by Hannah Noonan. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation