Egg and Avocado on Toast
Here is your classic egg and avocado on toast, which is a simple and easy low FODMAP breakfast dish to make. When it comes to eating with IBS, one must consider incorporating non-triggering ingredients and eating small portions at a time in hopes to lessen the chances of suffering from an intense flare-up. I think this is a perfect breakfast meal because its nutritious and fulfilling, plus it gets me on the right start to my day.
- 1 slice of potato flour bread (or any gluten-free bread of your choice)
- ½ an avocado (halved and sliced)
- 1-2 Eggs (to your liking)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- (Optional) ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooks eggs to your liking, whether scrambled, fried, boiled, etc. However, in my case, I plan to slow-scramble my eggs, which entails cooking them on low heat while stirring regularly until the eggs are fully cooked.
- When the eggs are almost done, add the shredded cheese (optional), and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove eggs from heat when fully cooked.
- Take half of an avocado and cut into slices.
- Next, toast one slice of potato bread in a toaster or toaster oven. Once done, place the scrambled cheesy eggs on top of the toast, and then the avocado slices to follow. Feel free to sprinkle a little more salt and pepper over the avocado to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, RLS, sleep apnea) in addition to IBS?