Egg and Avocado on Toast
Here is your classic egg and avocado on toast, which is a simple and easy low FODMAP breakfast dish to make. When it comes to eating with IBS, one must consider incorporating non-triggering ingredients and eating small portions at a time in hopes to lessen the chances of suffering from an intense flare-up. I think this is a perfect breakfast meal because its nutritious and fulfilling, plus it gets me on the right start to my day.
Ingredients for egg and avocado toast
- 1 slice of potato flour bread (or any gluten-free bread of your choice)
- ½ an avocado (halved and sliced)
- 1-2 Eggs (to your liking)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- (Optional) ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions for egg and avocado toast
- Cooks eggs to your liking, whether scrambled, fried, boiled, etc. However, in my case, I plan to slow-scramble my eggs, which entails cooking them on low heat while stirring regularly until the eggs are fully cooked.
- When the eggs are almost done, add the shredded cheese (optional), and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove eggs from heat when fully cooked.
- Take half of an avocado and cut into slices.
- Next, toast one slice of potato bread in a toaster or toaster oven. Once done, place the scrambled cheesy eggs on top of the toast, and then the avocado slices to follow. Feel free to sprinkle a little more salt and pepper over the avocado to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
- calories: 254
- cholesterol: 327mg
- fiber: 5.1g
- potassium: 431mg
- protein: 13.7g
- saturated fat: 4.5g
- sodium: 186mg
- sugars: 3.2g
- total carbohydrates: 12g
- total fat: 17.8g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have difficulties with setting boundaries and saying no?