Crusted Mahi Mahi with Citrus Salad
I am far from a chef but let me just say this Mahi Mahi citrus salad was delicious among many other things. It was light on my stomach yet still fulfilling, which helps my condition because too much food can easily trigger my IBS symptoms. The oranges were sweet and juicy which added a sweet element to this healthy and savory dish. The crunch from the breaded Mahi Mahi was just right and gives the salad a summer component since fried fish is usually served in the warmer seasons. If Mahi Mahi is not your favorite fish, then feel free to substitute with another fish or meat of your choice. Nonetheless, I think you’ll really enjoy this recipe!
Ingredients for crusted mahi mahi with citrus salad:
- 3 Mahi Mahi fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps. of butter (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium sweet seedless oranges (or any oranges of your choice)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 bag of mixed greens
Directions for crusted mahi mahi with citrus salad:
- In a bowl, scramble your eggs and add salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl, combine your breadcrumbs, mozzarella cheese, and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Soak the Mahi Mahi in the egg wash and then coat the fish with the breadcrumb mixture until completely covered. Set the fish aside on a plate until ready to cook.
- Bring a skillet to medium-high heat and add your butter (or cooking oil of choice).
- Once the butter has melted, then add the breaded fish to the skillet and cook on each side for about 5-7 minutes. Set aside the fish to cool off.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste, and that will be your dressing for the salad.
- Then on a plate, create a bed of mixed greens and orange slices. Then, drizzle some dressing to your liking. Lastly, place your Mahi Mahi on top of the salad.
- Bon Appétit!
- calories: 364
- cholesterol: 128mg
- dietary fiber: 4.3g
- potassium: 195mg
- protein: 32.9g
- saturated fat: 5.9g
- sodium: 412mg
- total carbohydrates: 26g
- total fat: 14.8g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have a good understanding of what triggers your flares?