Crispy Stuffing Balls
I absolutely love special occasions and winter season food, but at the same time, it gets me worried with all the unfriendly IBS ingredients.
Fortunately for me, I tend to prepare the majority of the food that is served at my house, and for this reason, I make it very IBS-friendly.
This crispy stuffing balls recipe is not only tasty, but it presents very well, around your chicken or turkey, and you can also serve it as a side dish. It tastes very good with gravy on top.
Makes: 8-10 servings
Serving Size: 2 stuffing balls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for crispy stuffing balls:
- 17oz (just under 500g) low FODMAP bread (many gluten-free, wheat-free bread are suitable)
- 1 cup (50g) spring onions, only the green tops
- 2.5oz (70g) parsley
- 1 tsp sage, dried and ground
- 1 tsp thyme, dried and ground
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 3 tbsp pinenuts
Directions for crispy stuffing balls:
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Roughly chop the low FODMAP bread into small cubes.
- Place 1/4 of the bread pieces into a large bowl, while the majority of the remaining bread cubes go into a food processor. Pulse it until they become soft coarse crumbs. Remove all the crumbs from the food processor and place them in the bowl with the bread cubes.
- Put the spring onions tops and the parsley into the food processor and pulse them until they are finely chopped and add them to the bowl with the bread.
- Mix it all together.
- Beat eggs and then add garlic-infused oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add them to the ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add pine nuts and mix everything again.
- Roll and shape the mixture into balls and place them on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the stuffing balls are golden and crisp.
- Pour gravy on top and serve with your roast chicken or turkey.
- calories: 181
- carbohydrates: 26.1g
- cholesterol: 49mg
- fiber: 3.2g
- potassium: 210mg
- protein: 4.7g
- saturated fat: 1.3g
- sodium: 625mg
- total fat: 6.6g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have difficulties with setting boundaries and saying no?