Crispy Stuffing Balls
Last updated: February 2022
I absolutely love special occasions and winter season food, but at the same time, it gets me worried with all the unfriendly IBS ingredients.
Fortunately for me, I tend to prepare the majority of the food that is served at my house, and for this reason, I make it very IBS-friendly.
This crispy stuffing balls recipe is not only tasty, but it presents very well, around your chicken or turkey, and you can also serve it as a side dish. It tastes very good with gravy on top.
Makes: 8-10 servings
Serving Size: 2 stuffing balls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for crispy stuffing balls:
- 17oz (just under 500g) low FODMAP bread (many gluten-free, wheat-free bread are suitable)
- 1 cup (50g) spring onions, only the green tops
- 2.5oz (70g) parsley
- 1 tsp sage, dried and ground
- 1 tsp thyme, dried and ground
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 3 tbsp pinenuts
Directions for crispy stuffing balls:
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Roughly chop the low FODMAP bread into small cubes.
- Place 1/4 of the bread pieces into a large bowl, while the majority of the remaining bread cubes go into a food processor. Pulse it until they become soft coarse crumbs. Remove all the crumbs from the food processor and place them in the bowl with the bread cubes.
- Put the spring onions tops and the parsley into the food processor and pulse them until they are finely chopped and add them to the bowl with the bread.
- Mix it all together.
- Beat eggs and then add garlic-infused oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add them to the ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add pine nuts and mix everything again.
- Roll and shape the mixture into balls and place them on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the stuffing balls are golden and crisp.
- Pour gravy on top and serve with your roast chicken or turkey.
- calories: 181
- carbohydrates: 26.1g
- cholesterol: 49mg
- fiber: 3.2g
- potassium: 210mg
- protein: 4.7g
- saturated fat: 1.3g
- sodium: 625mg
- total fat: 6.6g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation