Creamy Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Leftovers can sometimes feel uninspiring and monotonous, to say the least. But adding leftover chicken into this creamy, flavorful dressing with fresh herbs maximizes taste and minimizes waste. Your taste buds and your IBS won’t be thanking you enough! Don’t have leftovers? No problem – pick up a roast chicken at your local grocery store and shred. Naturally gluten-free and FODMAP-approved, this is a quick and easy meal that even your picky-eater will enjoy.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (simple poached, baked, or grilled)
- ½ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt or lactose-free yogurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as dill, parsley, basil, and/or oregano
- ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 small head Romaine or Boston lettuce, rinsed and dried
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken and celery and gently mix until well-coated.
- Assemble lettuce leaves on a plate. Spoon chicken salad (~1/2 cup) into each leaf.
- Wrap up and enjoy.
- calories: 235
- carbohydrates: 4g
- fat: 8g
- fiber: 1g
- potassium: 664mg
- protein: 38g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 408mg
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you ever had a public IBS accident?