Creamy Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Last updated: May 2022
Leftovers can sometimes feel uninspiring and monotonous, to say the least. But adding leftover chicken into this creamy, flavorful dressing with fresh herbs maximizes taste and minimizes waste. Your taste buds and your IBS won’t be thanking you enough! Don’t have leftovers? No problem – pick up a roast chicken at your local grocery store and shred. Naturally gluten-free and FODMAP-approved, this is a quick and easy meal that even your picky-eater will enjoy.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for creamy chicken salad lettuce wraps
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (simple poached, baked, or grilled)
- ½ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt or lactose-free yogurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as dill, parsley, basil, and/or oregano
- ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 small head Romaine or Boston lettuce, rinsed and dried
Directions for creamy chicken salad lettuce wraps
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken and celery and gently mix until well-coated.
- Assemble lettuce leaves on a plate. Spoon chicken salad (~1/2 cup) into each leaf.
- Wrap up and enjoy.
- calories: 235
- carbohydrates: 4g
- fat: 8g
- fiber: 1g
- potassium: 664mg
- protein: 38g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 408mg
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation