Coconut Pecan Bliss Balls
A simple little snack that is perfect to store in the fridge and just grab them when you need them.
The serving size is suitable if you're on the low FODMAP diet and is in line with the Monash University FODMAP Diet App (at the time of writing).
Makes: 12 balls
Serving size: 3 balls
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla essence/extract
- Blitz the pecans in a food processor until crumbly.
- Add 1 cup desiccated coconut, cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla essence/extract and blitz to combine.
- Using your hands roll 1 tbsp amounts into balls.
- Place 1/4 cup desiccated coconut into a small bowl and one by one gently coat the balls with the coconut.
- Place the balls on a plate and put them in the fridge for 1-2 hours to harden.
- Store them in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy!
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?