Last updated: March 2022
A fun little way to switch up eggs on toast (if this isn’t a trigger for your symptoms), perfect for when you have a little time on your hands on the weekend. It’s crispy on the outside, soft in the inside and perfect with a bit of gooey egg yolk!
Ingredients for cloud eggs
- 2 eggs
Directions for cloud eggs
- Pre-heat a moderate oven and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Separate the eggs and keep the egg yolks separate
- With an electric beater, whisk egg whites until firm peaks form
- Spread egg white mixture into two cloud shapes on a baking tray with a small indentation in the middle
- Bake in the oven for 2 mins
- Remove the tray from the oven, add the egg yolks to the indentations in the clouds
- Place tray back in the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes until the clouds have yellowed/browned
- Remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
- calories: 126
- carbohydrates: 0.7g
- cholesterol: 327mg
- potassium: 118mg
- protein: 11.1g
- saturated fat: 2.7g
- sodium: 123mg
- total fat: 8.8g
Photograph/Video by Hannah Noonan. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation