Chocolate Nut Butter Freezer Fudge
When I hear the words chocolate and fudge, it’s music to my ears! This mouth-watering, FODMAP-friendly, rich dessert is quick and easy to make and dirties only one bowl. Naturally gluten-free, this recipe provides less than 10 almonds per serving, but if that’s too much for your gut, you can substitute with peanut butter. Store in the freezer for the next time you need to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Makes: 20 small squares
Serving size: 1 small square
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 – 2 hours chilling time
- 1 cup smooth almond butter or peanut butter, warm or at room temperature (microwave for 10 seconds if it is not pourable)
- 1.5 Tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Sea salt (optional)
- Whisk warmed almond butter, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and optional cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Pour into a square or rectangular plastic or glass container.
- Sprinkle with optional sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours, until very firm.
- Slice into small squares.
- Store in freezer for optima fudginess, though they will stay firm in the refrigerator as well.
- calories: 122
- carbohydrates: 6g
- fat: 10g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 111mg
- protein: 3g
- saturated fat: 3g
- sodium: 30mg
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you read nutrition labels on the food you buy?