Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes
Super simple, made in 5 minutes, pancakes to suit different dietary needs. They're:
- Low FODMAP
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Fruit free
- Dairy free
The serving size is suitable if you're on the low FODMAP diet and is in line with the Monash FODMAP Diet App. Please note that at the time of writing baking powder hadn't been tested for its FODMAP content, but as gluten-free baking powder is generally made from rice flour it should be ok.
If you can tolerate fruit, top the pancakes with your favorite sliced fruit!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp cacao
- 1 to 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp butter or coconut oil
- Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl
- Pre-heat a pan on low-medium heat and add 1 tsp butter/coconut oil
- Pour half the mix into the pan and flip the pancake when it's done on one side, then cook the second pancake
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you ever had a public IBS accident?