Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes
Super simple, made in 5 minutes, pancakes to suit different dietary needs. They're low FODMAP, gluten-free, grain-free, fruit-free, and dairy-free.
The serving size is suitable if you're on the low FODMAP diet and is in line with the Monash FODMAP Diet App. Please note that at the time of writing baking powder hadn't been tested for its FODMAP content, but as gluten-free baking powder is generally made from rice flour it should be ok.
If you can tolerate fruit, top the pancakes with your favorite sliced fruit!
Ingredients for chocolate buckwheat pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp cacao
- 1 to 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp butter or coconut oil
Directions for chocolate buckwheat pancakes
- Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl
- Pre-heat a pan on low-medium heat and add 1 tsp butter/coconut oil
- Pour half the mix into the pan and flip the pancake when it's done on one side, then cook the second pancake
- calories: 165
- carbohydrates: 15.7g
- cholesterol: 174mg
- fiber: 3.8g
- potassium: 243mg
- protein: 8.5g
- saturated fat: 5.1g
- sodium: 91mg
- sugars: 4.5g
- total fat: 10.4g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried eating smaller portions to manage symptoms?