Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Crazy for chocolate? Well, you're in luck. Dark chocolate has a positive impact on heart health, improving blood flow and possibly boosting your mood due to its plant nutrients, called flavonoids. Just aim for at least 70 percent cacao and no more than 30 percent sugar. When buying chocolate look at the percentage of cocoa – the higher the percentage of cocoa, the greater the benefits.
Makes 6 servings
Ingredients for chocolate avocado mousse
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips (about ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 drops or .30mL of peppermint oil
- ½ of avocado*
- 1- 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
*Note ¼ of an avocado per serving is FODMAP friendly; this provides significantly less per serving.
Directions for chocolate avocado mousse
- Place coconut milk in fridge for 2 hours.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate in 15-second increments until chocolate is almost melted.
- In a bowl, whip coconut milk with hand blender until it fluffs and becomes double in size.
- Add in peppermint oil, vanilla extract, melted chocolate, avocado, and cocoa powder.
- Whip with hand blender for another 2 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Portion in cups and enjoy.
- calories: 214
- carbohydrates: 20.7g
- fiber: 7g
- potassium: 185mg
- protein: 3.5g
- saturated fat: 9.1g
- sodium: 3mg
- sugars: 10.6g
- total fat: 18.3g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you cancel plans often due to IBS?