Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Crazy for chocolate? Well, you're in luck. Dark chocolate has a positive impact on heart health, improving blood flow and possibly boosting your mood due to its plant nutrients, called flavonoids. Just aim for at least 70% cacao and no more than 30% sugar. When buying chocolate look at the percentage of cocoa- the higher the percentage of cocoa, the greater the benefits.
Makes 6 servings
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips (about ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 drops or .30mL of peppermint oil
- ½ of avocado*
- 1- 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
*Note ¼ of an avocado per serving is FODMAP friendly; this provides significantly less per serving.
- Place coconut milk in fridge for 2 hours.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate in 15-second increments until chocolate is almost melted.
- In a bowl, whip coconut milk with hand blender until it fluffs and becomes double in size.
- Add in peppermint oil, vanilla extract, melted chocolate, avocado, and cocoa powder.
- Whip with hand blender for another 2 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Portion in cups and enjoy.
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, RLS, sleep apnea) in addition to IBS?