Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Crazy for chocolate? Well, you're in luck. Dark chocolate has a positive impact on heart health, improving blood flow and possibly boosting your mood due to its plant nutrients, called flavonoids. Just aim for at least 70% cacao and no more than 30% sugar. When buying chocolate look at the percentage of cocoa- the higher the percentage of cocoa, the greater the benefits.
Makes 6 servings
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips (about ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 drops or .30mL of peppermint oil
- ½ of avocado*
- 1- 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
*Note ¼ of an avocado per serving is FODMAP friendly; this provides significantly less per serving.
- Place coconut milk in fridge for 2 hours.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate in 15-second increments until chocolate is almost melted.
- In a bowl, whip coconut milk with hand blender until it fluffs and becomes double in size.
- Add in peppermint oil, vanilla extract, melted chocolate, avocado, and cocoa powder.
- Whip with hand blender for another 2 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Portion in cups and enjoy.
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you ever had a public IBS accident?