Chococolate Quinoa Pudding
Now I call this a pudding but I actually eat it for breakfast or a snack! Most weeks I’ll prepare a batch of quinoa and store it in the fridge to add to salads but I also love it as a pudding. I generally eat it straight from the fridge but you could always heat it up a little for a warming breakfast or snack. Topped with a few berries and a little yoghurt it makes for a simple little treat.
The serving size is suitable if you’re on the low FODMAP diet and is in line with the Monash University FODMAP Diet App and the FODMAP Friendly app (at the time of writing).
Ingredients for chocolate quinoa pudding
- 3/4 cup almond milk OR lactose free milk
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tsp cacao
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbs lactose free yoghurt OR coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup blueberries
Directions for chocolate quinoa pudding
- Mix the quinoa, almond milk, chia seeds, cacao and maple syrup in a jar, stir or shake well
- Let it sit for a few mins and stir/shake again
- Then place it in the fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight
- Top with yoghurt and blueberries and enjoy!
- calories: 904
- carbohydrates: 92.1g
- cholesterol: 3mg
- fiber: 21.7g
- potassium: 1051mg
- protein: 23.7g
- saturated fat: 42.1g
- sodium: 42mg
- total fat: 57.5g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you cancel plans often due to IBS?