Low FODMAP Banana Protein Pancakes
This recipe will make you go bananas for whole grain oats—as they make the perfect combination! While it may be ready in minutes, the nostalgia of breakfast pancakes lasts forever. These quick cakes provide a healthy source of carbohydrates and protein to help you slay the day. Use this tasty blank canvas to transform breakfast into a sweet or savory sensation. Maple syrup. Nut butter. Fruit. Seeds. The choice is yours! While these poppin’ pancakes may make a delicious breakfast, they can also get used for a post-workout pick-me-up or mid-day snack. Or use them as a "breakfast for dinner" for those days that are simply too much! Recreate childhood toaster pancakes by making an extra batch to store in the freezer and use for an extra convenient option. Quit choosing between classic favorites or a happy gut with these low FODMAP alternatives. Your tastebuds will flip out for these flapjacks!
Makes: 1 serving
Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for low fodmap banana protein pancakes
- 1 small banana
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp rolled oats
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 half pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 cup plant-based milk (or lactose-free milk)
- 2 tsp canola oil
Directions for low fodmap banana protein pancakes
- In food processor, blend oats into flour.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until fully incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add maple syrup and eggs. Mix until fully combined.
- Combine flour and banana mixture. Add milk. Mix until fully incorporated.
- In an oiled pan on medium heat, pour batter to form two pancakes.
- Flip pancakes when they start to bubble—approximately 2 minutes. Cook for additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Enjoy topped with blueberries and walnuts or butter and maple syrup.
- calories: 571kcal
- carbohydrates: 68.5g
- fat: 23.5g
- fiber: 9g
- potassium: 721mg
- protein: 22.5g
- saturated fat: 4.5g
- sodium: 383mg
- sugar: 18g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?