Immune-Boosting, Anti-Inflammatory FODMAP-Approved Smoothie
This low FODMAP drink is everything your gut needs to run smooth(ie). It contains powerfully potent ingredients like parsley, which is abundant in antioxidants that help keep your immune system strong.1 Sweetened by Mother Nature herself, this kiwi-containing drink can also help alleviate symptoms of constipation.2 Not to mention, this GI-stimulating fruit is rich in vitamin C. Two kiwis contain twice as much vitamin C as an orange. Vitamin C is an essential nutrient involved with wound healing, collagen formation, immunity, and protein metabolism.3 This sweet sensation gets balanced with ginger and turmeric's spicy flavors, which work to give chronic inflammation the boot! Live pineapple-ly ever after with better IBS symptom management, one sip at a time!
Makes: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 smoothie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1 medium kiwi
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 tbsp ginger root
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric root
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup ice
- In a small bowl, destem parsley leaves.
- In a blender, combine kiwi, pineapple, parsley, ginger root, turmeric root, water, and ice. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
- Parsley: Kuźma P, Drużyńska B, Obiedziński M. Optimization of extraction conditions of some polyphenolic compounds from parsley leaves (Petroselinum crispum). Acta Sci Pol Technol Aliment. 2014;13(2):145-154. doi:10.17306/j.afs.2014.2.4
- Wilkinson‐Smith, V, Dellschaft, N, Ansell, J, et al. Mechanisms underlying effects of kiwifruit on intestinal function shown by MRI in healthy volunteers. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2019; 49: 759– 768. https://doi.org/10.1111/apt.15127
- National Institute of Health. Fact Sheet for Health Professionals: Vitamin C. Retrieved from: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminC-HealthProfessional/
- calories: 115
- carbohydrates: 26.5g
- fat: 1.5g
- fiber: 5g
- protein: 2g
- sodium: 200mg
- sugar: 14.5g
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, RLS, sleep apnea) in addition to IBS?