Our #GivingTuesday Campaign
What is Giving Tuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
Health Union’s role in supporting #GivingTuesday
In the spirit of giving, IrritableBowelSyndrome.net’s parent company, Health Union, is asking you to tell us where to donate! On Tuesday, November 29th, IrritableBowelSyndrome.net will post a #GivingTuesday video on Facebook.
Anyone who shares the Facebook post will be entered for a chance to win a $100 donation on your behalf to your favorite health-related non-profit organization (must be a U.S. based, registered 501c3). One winner will be selected at random and notified via Facebook. You must share the post before 12:00 am PST/3:00 am EST for a chance to be selected.
The official rules for our #GivingTuesday campaign can be found here.
An Update on the Winners
A donation was made on behalf of the IrritableBowelSyndrome.net community to the Alzheimer’s Association – Maine Chapter. Our winner was Joanne D. and she chose this organization on in memory of her aunt, Marjorie Barber, and her sister Patricia Devine, who both battled Alzheimer’s disease.
Health Union’s other communities also participated in #GivingTuesday. Check out the organizations these communities selected for their donation:
- Migraine.com – National Headache Foundation
- MultipleSclerosis.net – Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
- RheumatoidArthritis.net – Global Healthy Living Foundation
- Type2Diabetes.com – Diabetes Hands Foundation
- HepatitisC.net – American Liver Foundation
- COPD.net – American Lung Association
- CrohnsDisease.com – Invisible Disabilities Association
- Asthma.net – Society for Participatory Medicine
- PlaquePsoriasis.com – National Psoriasis Foundation
- Psoriatic-Arthritis.com – American Transplant Foundation