Iced Lemon Ginger Tea with Mint
Looking for an ice cold beverage that is not only refreshing, but soothing to the stomach? Every ingredient in this drink is natural and has anti-inflammatory properties, which is great for IBS sufferers. Ginger and mint have great medicinal properties, and helps alleviate digestive issues such as nausea, bloating, pain, etc. Try out this delicious (and healthy) iced tea! Enjoy!
- 4 ½ cups of water
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/3 cup of fresh crushed mint leaves
- 2 ½ in. piece of ginger root thinly sliced
- Add honey to taste
- Add water to a pot and bring to a boil
- Add the juice of a lemon, the squeezed lemon, the slices of ginger, and the mint to the boiling water
- Once all of the ingredient are in the pot, turn off the heat, and let steep for about 20 minutes
- Strain into a pitcher and add honey to taste
- (Optional) Serve over ice with slices of lemon and crushed mint
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Which time of day is worse for your IBS symptoms?