This recipe is great if you have some leftover rotisserie chicken or of course you could roast up a chicken yourself and add the pumpkin and chickpeas to the oven in the last 15 minutes of cooking time. It’s also great for lunches and you can pre-make a few serves and just grab them from the fridge when you’re on the go.
The serving size is suitable if you’re on the low FODMAP diet and are in line with the Monash Low FODMAP Diet App and the FODMAP Friendly app (at the time of writing).
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup pumpkin (kent/Japanese)
- 1/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 40g/1.5oz feta cheese
- 200g/7 oz shredded rotisserie chicken
- Pre-heat a moderate oven
- Chop the pumpkin into small cubes and add this to a mixing bowl with the chickpeas
- Add 1 tbs olive oil and stir to mix, then spread the pumpkin and chickpea mix on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20mins until the pumpkin and chickpeas have begun to brown
- When the pumpkin and chickpeas are cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Place the spinach, lemon juice, feta, shredded chicken and the second tablespoon of olive oil to a mixing bowl, then add the pumpkin and chickpeas and stir to mix
- Divide the salad into two bowls, add a pinch of salt and pepper and enjoy!