Low FODMAP Stuffed Potatoes with Pomegranate Slaw and Tangy Avocado Dressing
All ingredients in this meal are low FODMAP friendly (using the Monash University App) and believe it or not, red cabbage (the purple-colored variety) is low in FODMAPs! It's true, you can eat slaw using red cabbage or common green cabbage but avoid savoy.
Total prep and cooking time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Ingredients for low fodmap stuffed potatoes
- 1-2 potatoes per person, skin on, washed and dried
- 1 rotisserie or home-roasted chicken, meat shredded
Ingredients for pomegranate slaw
- 4 cups of thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/4 of a red cabbage)
- 1.5 cups grated carrot (about 2 medium carrots)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Ingredients for tangy avocado dressing
- 1/2 an avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander), chopped
- Pinch of chili powder and salt
Directions for Low FODMAP stuffed potatoes with pomegranate slaw and tangy avocado dressing
- Preheat a moderate oven.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray, evenly spaced, and place the tray and potatoes into the oven for 45 mins to 1 hour until a knife goes in easily and they are soft on the inside.
- In the meantime, thinly slice the cabbage (or use a food processor) and place it in a large bowl, add the grated carrots, lime juice, chives, and pomegranate seeds and mix.
- In a separate small bowl mash the avocado with a fork then add the lemon juice, chili powder, and salt.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven, slice the potatoes in half and fluff up the inside with a fork. Then top with the chicken, slaw, and avocado and serve.
- calories: 415
- carbohydrates: 72.5g
- cholesterol: 15mg
- dietary fiber: 15.9g
- potassium: 1816mg
- protein: 13.3g
- saturated fat: 2.7g
- sodium: 284mg
- total fat: 11.3g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have difficulties with setting boundaries and saying no?