Low FODMAP Stuffed Potatoes with Pomegranate Slaw and Tangy Avocado Dressing
All ingredients in this meal are low FODMAP friendly (using the Monash University App) and believe it or not, red cabbage (the purple colored variety) is low in FODMAPs! It's true, you can eat slaw using red cabbage or common green cabbage but avoid savoy.
- 1-2 potatoes per person, skin on, washed and dried
- One rotisserie or home roasted chicken, meat shredded
- 4 cups of thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/4 of a red cabbage)
- 1.5 cups grated carrot (about 2 medium carrots)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Tangy Avocado Dressing
- Half an avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander), chopped
- Pinch of chili powder and salt
Total prep and cooking time 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Preheat a moderate oven
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray, evenly spaced, and place the tray and potatoes into the oven for 45 mins to 1 hour until a knife goes in easily and they are soft on the inside
- In the meantime, thinly slice the cabbage (or use a food processor) and place it in a large bowl, add the grated carrots, lime juice, chives and pomegranate seeds and mix
- In a separate small bowl mash the avocado with a fork then add the lemon juice, chili powder and salt
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven, slice the potatoes in half and fluff up the inside with a fork. Then top with the chicken, slaw and avocado and serve
Disclaimer: Irritable Bowel Syndrome cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?