Low FODMAP 'ice-cream'
Now this recipe does require a little forward planning. Just slice up a few bananas and berries and store them in the freezer and when the mood strikes, you can whip up a batch of 'ice-cream' in just a few minutes. This 5 minute dessert uses low FODMAP quantities as per the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet app. It is also dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar-free and super easy to make!
- 2 sliced frozen ripe medium bananas
- 10 frozen raspberries or strawberries or 20 frozen blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor
- Blitz until smooth (you will need to scrape and mix it as you go to ensure it's all mixed)
- If it gets a little stuck, add a little water or just wait a few minutes for the fruit to thaw a little
- Serve immediately
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Did you make any New Year's goals or resolutions?