Low FODMAP Ice Cream
This recipe does require a little forward planning. Just slice up a few bananas and berries and store them in the freezer and when the mood strikes, you can whip up a batch of 'ice cream' in just a few minutes. This 5-minute dessert uses low FODMAP quantities as per the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet app. It is also dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and super easy to make!
Ingredients for low FODMAP ice cream
- 2 sliced frozen ripe medium bananas
- 10 frozen raspberries or strawberries or 20 frozen blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions for low FODMAP ice cream
- Place the ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor
- Blitz until smooth (you will need to scrape and mix it as you go to ensure it's all mixed).
- If it gets a little stuck, add a little water or just wait a few minutes for the fruit to thaw a little.
- Serve immediately!
- calories: 170
- carbohydrates: 43.5g
- fiber: 6g
- potassium: 495mg
- protein: 1.7g
- saturated fat: 0.1g
- sodium: 2mg
- total fat: 0.5g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our IBS In America Survey yet?