Low FODMAP Bircher-Style Muesli
The classic Bircher muesli recipe may be unsuitable for those following a low FODMAP diet, but this modified version is equally yummy, just give it a try.
This recipe serves 4.
Preparation time is 10 minutes, but this muesli should be left overnight in the fridge.
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free, if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup pecan nuts pieces
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups low FODMAP milk (lactose-free, rice, almond, etc.)
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons blueberries or raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the milk and the vanilla essence and stir thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge overnight, or for at least for 3-4 hours.
- When ready to eat, stir in the maple syrup.
- Divide the muesli into 4 individual cups, add some of the fruit on each cup and optional the choc-chips.
- Enjoy it.
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?