Low FODMAP Banana and Walnut Bread
This 3-step recipe is super easy to make and within a couple of minutes, you'll have the loaf in the oven and ready to eat warm banana loaf in about 20 minutes.
All ingredients are in low FODMAP quantities as per the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet app for one serve at a time, it's also gluten-free and sugar-free and the butter can be substituted for coconut oil to make it dairy-free. Enjoy it warm or cold and it’s a great option for lunch boxes.
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep and cook time: 25-30 minute
Ingredients for low FODMAP banana and walnut bread:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
Directions for low FODMAP banana and walnut bread:
- Preheat a moderate oven and line a loaf tin with baking paper
- In a bowl mash the bananas with a fork, then stir in all of the other ingredients with a spoon
- Pour the mixture into the tin and cook for 20-25 minutes until the loaf has browned on top, is firm to touch and a skewer comes out clean
- calories: 229
- cholesterol: 70mg
- fiber: 3.7g
- potassium: 353mg
- protein: 7.6g
- saturated fat: 4.6g
- sodium: 40mg
- total carbohydrates: 20.2g
- total fat: 14.9g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have difficulties with setting boundaries and saying no?