Low FODMAP Banana and Walnut Loaf
This three step recipe is super easy to make and within a couple of minutes you'll have the loaf in the oven and ready to eat warm banana loaf in about 20 minutes.
All ingredients are in low FODMAP quantities as per the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet app for one serve at a time, it's also gluten free and sugar free and the butter can be substituted for coconut oil to make it dairy free. Enjoy it warm or cold and it’s a great option for lunch boxes.
Ingredients for low FODMAP banana and walnut bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
Makes 1 loaf, serves 7
Preparation and cooking time 25-30 minute
Directions or low FODMAP banana and walnut bread
- Preheat a moderate oven and line a loaf tin with baking paper
- In a bowl mash the bananas with a fork, then stir in all of the other ingredients with a spoon
- Pour the mixture into the tin and cook for 20-25 minutes until the loaf has browned on top, is firm to touch and a skewer comes out clean
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?