Lemon & Garlic Infused Hasselback Potatoes
There is nothing quite like the deliciousness of a baked potato. Especially when it’s covered in a lemon and garlic-infused olive oil dressing! This would make a great side dish with some roast vegetables and your favorite cut of meat.
Now for those of you that have trouble with the fructans in garlic, this should cater to your needs. Because the fructans in garlic are water-soluble you can still enjoy the flavor of garlic by infusing it in oil. It’s also gluten and dairy-free and low FODMAP friendly (ingredients in line with the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet App at the time of writing).
- 1 tsp of Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre-heat a moderate oven
- Wash and dry the potatoes
- Carefully slice the potatoes thinly until the knife goes almost all the way through
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish and drizzle over the Low FODMAP Garlic Infused Olive Oil Dressing
- Place the dish into the oven and bake until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked all the way through – about 45 minutes to 1 hour
- During the cooking process you can open the oven every now and again and use a spoon to drizzle the dressing over the potatoes as they cook
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?