Now I call this a pudding but I actually eat it for breakfast or a snack! Most weeks I’ll prepare a batch of quinoa and store it in the fridge to add to salads but I also love it as a pudding. I generally eat it straight from the fridge but you could always heat it up a little for a warming breakfast or snack. Topped with a few berries and a little yoghurt it makes for a simple little treat.
The serving size is suitable if you’re on the low FODMAP diet and is in line with the Monash University FODMAP Diet App and the FODMAP Friendly app (at the time of writing).
- 3/4 cup almond milk OR lactose free milk
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tsp cacao
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbs lactose free yoghurt OR coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Mix the quinoa, almond milk, chia seeds, cacao and maple syrup in a jar, stir or shake well
- Let it sit for a few mins and stir/shake again
- Then place it in the fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight
- Top with yoghurt and blueberries and enjoy!
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.