What Are Some Other Health Conditions Connected To IBS?
Written by: Truc Thanh | Last reviewed: June 2016.
- Longstreth GF, Thompson WG, Chey WD, et al. Functional bowel disorders. Gastroenterology. 2006;130:1480-1491.
- World Gastroenterology Organisation Global Guidelines. Irritable Bowel Syndrome: a Global Perspective. Accessed 1/7/16 at:http://www.worldgastroenterology.org/UserFiles/file/guidelines/irritable-bowel-syndrome-english-2015.pdf
- Kim SE, Chang L. Overlap between functional GI disorders and other functional syndromes: what are the underlying mechanisms? Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2012;24:895-913. 4. MentalHealth.gov. Mood disorders. http://www.mentalhealth.gov/what-to-look-for/mood-disorders/. Accessed February 22, 2016.
- MentalHealth.gov. Mood disorders. http://www.mentalhealth.gov/what-to-look-for/mood-disorders/. Accessed February 22, 2016.
- MentalHealth.gov. Depression. http://www.mentalhealth.gov/what-to-look-for/mood-disorders/depression/index.html. Accessed February 22, 2016.
- Mykletun A, Jacka F, Williams L, et al. Prevalence of mood and anxiety disorder in self reported irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). An epidemiological population based study of women. BMC Gastroenterology. 2010;10:88.
- Tosic-Golubovic S, Miljkovic S, Nagorni A, et al. Irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety, depression, and personality characteristics. Psychiatria Danubina. 2010;22:418-424.
- Sayuk GS, Gyawali CP. Irritable bowel syndrome: modern concepts and management options. Am J Med. 2015;128:817-827.
- Lebwohl B, Ludvigsson JF, Green PHR. Celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity. BMJ. 2015;351:h4347.
- Cuomo R, Andreozzi P, Zito FP, et al. Irritable bowel syndrome and food interaction. World J Gastroenterol. 2014;20:8837-8845.
- Bischoff SC, Barbara G, Buurman W, et al. Intestinal permeability – a new target for disease prevention and therapy. BMC Gastroenterology. 2014;14:189.
- Wilkins T, Pepitone C, Alex B, Schade RR. Diagnosis and management of IBS in adults. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86:419-426.