The Stigma of IBS
- Jones MP, Keefer L, Bratten J, et al. Development and initial validation of a measure of perceived stigma in irritable bowel syndrome. Psychol Health Med. 2009;14:367-374.
- Taft TH, Riehl ME, Dowjotas KL, Keefer L. Moving beyond perceptions: internalized stigma in the irritable bowel syndrome. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2014;26:1026-1035.
- Taft TH, Keefer L, Artz C, Bratten J, Jones MP. Perceptions of illness stigma in patients with inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome. Qual Life Res. 2011;20:1391-1399.
- Health Union. Irritable bowel syndrome patients often go without medical care and self-treat [press release]. June 29, 2016. Accessed July 25, 2016 at: https://health-union.com/news/ibs-patients-often-go-without-medical-care-and-self-treat/.
- Canavan C, West J, Card T. The epidemiology of irritable bowel syndrome. Clin Epidemiol. 2014;6:71-80.