How I Try To Manage My IBS Symptoms The Natural Way
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The IrritableBowelSyndrome.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Halmos EP, Christophersen CT, Bird AR, Shepherd SJ, Gibson PR, Muir JG. Diets that differ in their FODMAP content alter the colonic luminal microenvironment. Gut. http://gut.bmj.com/content/early/2014/07/12/gutjnl-2014-307264.full. Published July 12, 2014. Accessed December 15, 2017.
- DerSarkissian C, ed. Exercise to Ease Constipation. WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/exercise-curing-constipation-via-movement. Published April 30, 2017. Accessed December 15, 2017.
- Johannesson E, Simrén M, Strid H, Bajor A, Sadik R. Physical activity improves symptoms in irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. The American journal of gastroenterology. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21206488. Published May 2011. Accessed December 15, 2017.
- Qin H-Y, Cheng C-W, Tang X-D, Bian Z-X. Impact of psychological stress on irritable bowel syndrome. World Journal of Gastroenterology : WJG. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4202343/. Published October 21, 2014. Accessed December 14, 2017.
- Ehrlich SD. Peppermint. University of Maryland Medical Center. http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/peppermint. Published January 1, 2017. Accessed December 15, 2017.
- Asare F, Störsrud S, Simrén M. Meditation over medication for irritable bowel syndrome? On exercise and alternative treatments for irritable bowel syndrome. Current gastroenterology reports. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22661301. Published August 2012. Accessed December 15, 2017.