Essential Oils for IBS Symptoms
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The IrritableBowelSyndrome.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Serafino A, Sinibaldi Vallebona P, Adreola F, Zonfrillo M, Mercuri L, Federici M, et al. Stimulatory effect of eucalyptus essential oil on innate cell-mediated immune response. BMC Immunol. 2008 Apr;9:17. doi: 10.1186/1471-2172-9-17
- Tyagi A, Malik A. Antimicrobial action of essential oil vapours and negative air ions against Pseudomonas fluorescens. Int J Food Microbiol. 2010;143(3):205-210.
- Tyagi AK, Malik A. Bactericidal action of lemon grass oil vapours and negative air ions. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies. 2012;13(0):169-177.
- Pattnaik S, Subramanyam VR, Kole C. Antibacterial and antifungal activity of ten essential oils in vitro. Mircrobios. 1996;86(349):237-46.
- Rahimi R, Abdollahi M. Herbal medicines for the management of irritable bowel syndrome: a comprehensive review. World J Gastroenterol. 2012 Feb 21;10(7):589-600. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v18.i7.589.