Peppermint and IBS
- CRN. Incorporating Herbal Supplements into Your Practice: The Science and Regulations Behind Five Popular Botanicals. http://www.crnusa.org/incorporating-herbal-supplements-your-practice-science-and-regulations-behind-five-popular. Accessed June 14, 2018.
- American Botanical Council. Peppermint Oil Capsules Reduce Irritable Bowel Syndrome Symptomshttp://cms.herbalgram.org/herbclip/345/review45168.html?ts=1527092142&signature=6eb91d515db75fb4ce620adbb7045b9c. Accessed June 14, 2018.
- Khanna R., MacDonald J.K., Levesque B.G. Peppermint oil for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J. Clin. Gastroenterol. 2014;48:505-512. doi: 10.1097/MCG.0b013e3182a88357.
- Mullin GE, Shepherd SJ, Chander Roland B, Ireton-Jones C, Matarese LE. Irritable bowel syndrome: contemporary nutrition management strategies. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2014;38:781-799.
- Ford AC, Talley NJ, Spiegel BMR, Foxx-Orenstein AE, Schiller L, Quigley EMM, et al. Effect of fibre, antispasmodics, and peppermint oil in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ. 2008;337:a2313. doi: 10.1136/bmj.a2313.
- American Botanical Council. Peppermint oil http://cms.herbalgram.org/commissione/Monographs/Monograph0290.html. Accessed June 14, 2018.
- Freuman, Tamara D. The Digestive Distress of Being a Teacher. US News & World Report. https://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/articles/2017-07-14/the-digestive-distress-of-being-a-teacher. Published July 14, 2017. Accessed June 14, 2018.
- Sharon Palmer-The Plant-Powered Dietician. Eating for IBS on a Plant-based Diet with Kate Scarlata, RDN https://sharonpalmer.com/2016-04-19-eating-for-ibs-on-a-plantbased-diet-with-kate-scarlata-rdn/. Accessed June 14, 2018.