Complementary & Alternative Medicine
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: June 2016.
- Sayuk GS, Gyawali CP. Irritable bowel syndrome: modern concepts and management options. Am J Med. 2015 Aug;128(8):817-27.
- Complementary and integrative medicine, MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Accessed online on 3/17/16 at https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/complementaryandintegrativemedicine.html
- Acupuncture, Mayo Clinic. Accessed online on 3/17/16 at http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/acupuncture/basics/definition/prc-20020778.
- Manheimer E, Cheng K, Wieland LS, Min LS, Shen X, Berman BM, Lao L. Acupuncture for treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012 May 16;5:CD005111.
- Hypnosis, Mayo Clinic. Accessed online on 3/17/16 at http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/hypnosis/basics/definition/prc-20019177.
- Dobbin A, Dobbin J, Ross SC, Graham C, Ford MJ. Randomised controlled trial of brief intervention with biofeedback and hypnotherapy in patients with refractory irritable bowel syndrome. J R Coll Physicians Edinb. 2013;43:15-23.