Who Is Affected By IBS?
Written by: Truc Thanh | Last reviewed: June 2016.
- Meleine M, Matricon J. Gender-related differences in irritable bowel syndrome: potential mechanisms of sex hormones. World J Gastroenterol. 2014;20:6725-6743.
- Heitkemper MM, Change L. Do fluctuations in ovarian hormones affect gastrointestinal symtoms in women with irritable bowel syndrome? Gend Med. 2009;6:152-167.
- Mulak A, Tache Y. Sex difference in irritable bowel syndrome: do gonadal hormones play a role? Gastoenterol Pol. 2010;17:89-97.
- Anbardan SJ, Daryani NE, Fereshtehnejad S, et al. Gender role in irritable bowel syndrome: A comparison of irritable bowel syndrome module (ROME III) between male and female patients. J Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2012;18:70-77.
- Bjorkman I, Jakobsson UE, Ringstrom G, et al. More similarities than differences between men and women with irritable bowel syndrome. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2015;27:796-804.
- Chiou E, Nurko S. Functional and abdominal pain and irritable bowel syndrome in children and adolescents. Therapy. 2011;8:315-331.
- Self MM, Czyzewski DI, Chumpitazai BP, et al. Subtypes of irritable bowel syndrome in children and adolescents. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014;12:1468-1473.
- Sandhu BK, Paul SP. Irritable bowel syndrome in children: Pathogenesis, diagnosis and evidence-based treatment. World J Gasteroenterol. 2014;20:6013-6023.
- REF 3